Friday, March 4, 2011

Ginger Honey Chicken

The history of ginger goes back over 5000 years when the Indians and ancient Chinese considered it a tonic root for all ailments. "
  
 I know! I know! I have been the biggest bum and haven't posted in over a week. It was mid-term week here at good ol' STJ (wish me luck). But hopefully this next recipe will make up for it. Ginger is one of my favorite things to cook with because of the way it can be made spicy or sweet. I made this delicious Asian chicken last Friday night for my teammate, Kyla.  Good thing I made extra by accident because she loved it so much she had me make it for her again the next night. Its so delicious and easy to make. I also paired it with some plain buttered noodles with salt (love) and a mixed greens salad with an Asian dressing on top that I made and might share with you another day ;) .





Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup of honey 
  • 1/2 cup of soy sauce
  • 1/4 cup of ginger
  • 1 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of pepper
  • 1 tablespoon of asian hot oil 
  • 2 tablespoons of hoison sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of sesame oil 
  • 4 chicken cutlets 
  • 1 clove of chopped garlic
  • sesame seeds
  • 1/4 of a cup of chopped cashews
  • a bunch of chopped green onions

How To Make This:

  1. Combine honey and soy sauce in a bowl and stir until they combine.
  2. Put ginger, salt, pepper, hot oil, hoison sauce, and sesame oil, into the bowl and mix it all up.
  3. Add your chicken cutlets, make sure they are covered with the sauce, and cover the bowl some tinfoil over it and put it in the fridge for 4 hours.
  4. In a grill pan add a thimble of sesame oil just to keep the pain moist and add your chopped garlic, sesame seeds, cashews, and green onions.
  5. Make sure your pan is hot enough and add your chicken cooking is on medium heat on each side for about 5 minutes a side depending on the thickness of the cutlets.
  6. Finally, plate your delicious Asian chicken, adding the sauce from the pan and some sesame seeds to top it off.
  7. Go eat this little beauty!
Also, if you would donate even a dollar to this charity! My close friend just beat a horrible life changing disease and his brother and friends are all shaving their heads in honor of his battle. Please donate to this charity for childhood cancer research improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment