Saturday, March 19, 2011

Chocolate Bowl Fail

   Today was one of the most boring and lazy days of my life. Even though I guess in more than one way it was very enjoyable. I decided to make this because I saw it in a magazine one time and was totally amazed with how beautiful and delicate they looked. Well, they were beautiful and they were easy to make... but they tasted really really bad. I was excited to surprise Alexis, Garrett and Kelly with these chocolaty desert but they tasted so much like the latex balloons I made them with that they just posed for this pictured and were dismissed to the trash can :( I need to think of something else to use as a mold but I can teach you how to make these... maybe latex free balloons?

What You Need:

  • one bag of dark chocolate chips
  • balloons
  • cooking spray
  • wax paper
How to Make It:
  1. Melt the whole bag of chocolate in a double boiler.
  2. Blow up the balloons to the desired size of the bowls, tie they off and spray with cooking spray.
  3. Dip the balloons in the melted chocolate and roll the balloon so it is evenly covered.
  4. Place on a baking tray coved in wax paper.
  5. Place in the fridge  for 2 hours.
  6. Take the bowls out, pop the balloon inside and carefully peel the balloon out.
  7. Put your favorite thing inside like ice cream, pudding, yogurt, etc.
Not the best tasting but definitely a beautiful creation.

No comments:

Post a Comment