Tuesday, March 15, 2011

St.Patrick's Day Pesto

     As St.Patrick's Day is quickly approaching the kegs and eggs, bar crawls, and green beers are all over this glorious city. I had planned to go out with my friends and drink green beer until the cows came home or even until I had to go to class the next morning. Instead I have be told that I have the great honor of going to Denver, CO to support my school's basketball team in the NCAA tournament. Although I rather spent my March 17th drinking shots with Irish names, getting dress up, and staying out all night making my roommate, Kelly, Irish step dance for us (which she will only do when she is drunk), I will not miss people calling me a leprechaun because of my 4'10" stature.
   Anyway, I wanted to make something for this holiday that was a little ironic. Even though is is an Irish holiday, I wanted to make a beautiful, textured Basil Pesto sauce. I have some yummy fresh ravioli waiting to be eaten in my fridge so I thought to myself at least this is green. Also if you have a blender (or a magic bullet) then you can make this sauce so quick and easy your going to forget that cooking is hard sometimes.
   This recipe was mouth-wateringly delicious. It was so good I just made up the word mouth-wateringly. Make it and eat is ASAP !




What You Need:

  • 1 package of basil
  • 1 package of spinach
  • 1/2 cup of olive oil
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • 1 cup of  grated parmigiana cheese
  • 1/2 cup of pine nuts
  • 1 tablespoon of spicy red pepper
How to Make It:
  1. Make sure you basil and spinach is completely clean.
  2. Chop your garlic, basil, and spinach roughly but still finely.
  3. Put it all in the blender if it can fit and add your cheese, olive oil, and red pepper.
  4. Blend until it is a textured sauce, not completely pureed.
  5. Spread over your favorite pasta and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment