Wednesday, February 23, 2011

No Such thing as a Boring Noodle

     I wasn't going to put this on my blog just because it was so last minute but Alexis insisted. I am literally eating it as I type which is making the post harder to type but easier to pour some emotion into I guess.
     Tonight, I almost ordered out. My roommates and my favorite Thai restaurant delivers even though it is only five minutes away and let me tell you, nights like tonight where I have a ton of homework and don't feel like the sharpest crayon in the box, that thai food is my comfort food. But instead i decided to just make some noodles. Plain, salt and butter noodles. Until I dug through my spice cabinet looking for some red pepper flakes. All and all, two minutes later I had pulled out all these Asian sauces and some veggies and created this little beauty. 
Ingredients:

  • some noodles (I used linguine) 
  • a handful of peas
  • a handful of green beans
  • 1 tablespoon of hoisin sauce
  • 2 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce 
  • sesame seeds
  • 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
  • 1 garlic clove 
How to Make It:
  1. Cook you pasta throughly and strain most of the water out.
  2. Chop and saute your garlic in the sesame oil until toasty tan.
  3. Then add your veggies and cook to your liking.
  4. Lower the heat of the pan and add your cooked pasta with a little of the pasta water to keep the noodles moist.
  5. Then add your sauces and stir it all up in your pan to keep it nice and hot. 
  6. Pour in to your bowl, add some sesame seeds on top, and dig in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment