Thursday, March 31, 2011

Eggplant Pizza

  " There are over 9,000 pizzeria's in New York alone."
My favorite pizza place is in Maryland and I will not name it because well… it’s a chain. And since I have been living in New York for almost two year I should know better because chain restaurants aren’t usually this amazing. This place makes the best eggplant pizza. The crust is so paper thin and crunchy and I barely even liked this place until I had this pizza. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water.
   Anyway, the other day my roommate Alexis told me that whatever I was cooking up next I should not make it and I should make some grilled eggplant pizza. I agreed and here we are. This is so simple (I did cheat and just buy the dough) and is great if you make it before you go out and then have a fun snack for your drunkies when you come home ;)

What You Need:
  • Pizza dough
  • Olive Oil
  • 1 Eggplant
  • 1 package of Mozzarella Cheese
  • 1 handful of Basil
  • Salt and Pepper
  • Marinara Sauce
  • Rosemary
  • Red Pepper Flakes
How to make it:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350.
  2. Slice your eggplant as thin as you can or about an 1/8 of an inch thick.
  3. Fry or grill your eggplant in some olive oil until they are almost throughly cooked through. 
  4. On a greased baking sheet, lay out your dough as thin as it can. Make sure it doesn't rip though.
  5. Place about 2/3 of a cup of sauce on your dough and spread it evenly. (I used a spicy Trader Joe's sauce that was soooo yummy).
  6. Then place your your grilled eggplant rounds and mozzarella cheese rounds one the pizza.
  7. Add you chopped basil, red pepper flakes, salt pepper and rosemary.
  8. Pop this in the oven for 17 minutes or however long your dough needs to cook.
  9. Cut it up into squares and mangiare


1 comment:

  1. MD for pizza? Come on now...I will have to try it when I get down there

    Love the blog though, cool work

    ReplyDelete