Friday, July 8, 2011

Maryland Style Blood Mary

      I am totally convinced that I am an old soul. Rather than going out after work I am much more content watching Law and Order and reading a book that will make me cry or get mad or think about things. I love savory over sweet. And last but not least I enjoy tomato juice.             
      ANYWAY, this past weekend at the beach my Dad whipped (or rather shook) me up a totally non college kid (unless you are Kelly from my old apartment) drink. Best. Bloody. Mary. Ever. It was sooo good and the flavors were so savory and spicy. If you all follow the blog then you may have noticed I like my food spicy but this has brought my love of tomato juice to a new level for making it SOO spicy. Of course because it is a Maryland style Bloody Mary, the rim of the cup must be covered in Old Bay.
      I have come to the conclusion of three things from this drink. 1. I will never look at V8 the same way again. 2. A Bloody Mary is not a old person drink. and 3. I cannot take any credit for this post because my dad made the drink and came up with the idea for the picture. Bravo, Jeff, and Happy 50th birthday today. Love you.




What You Need:
  • 5 oz hot and spicy V8
  • 1 teaspoon horseradish
  • 1/2 lime, juiced
  • Old Bay, to taste
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • tobasco, to taste
  • jalapeño juice, to taste
  • celery salt, a pinch
  • olive juice, to taste
  • ice
  • vodka, to taste
How to Make It:
  1. Get a small plate and put a shallow layer of water on it.
  2. Get another plate and put a big pile of Old Bay on it.
  3. Grab your glass of choice and dip into the water then the Old Bay seasoning to created the rimmed glass.
  4. In a martini shaker, add all your ingredients and shake shake shake.
  5. Pour over your ice cubes and add a garnish.
  6. Go to the beach with you book and drink and enjoy the afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment