Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Busy Week for a Busy Heart

  " Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining?" 
~Robert Brault

 This week my beautiful little sister, Diana, will be graduating from high school. I do not know whether I’m excited that she will be old enough to come party with me at college or sad that my best friend is going off on her own into the world of impossible exams, cheering in front of 100,000 people, and hopefully lots of drunken nights. It is a little sad seeing someone who I love so much grow up and take such a large step into adulthood.
    Anyway, we are having a cocktail/graduation party for her that my mom and I planned! It is in our backyard on the water (picture above). I am so excited because not only is my family having a big graduation party for all of my relatives but a lot of my old friends from high school will also be stopping by. I am so excited for them to see how I cook because sharing my food with people I love is one of the most satisfying things in the world. My old nanny from about 5th grade is come too with her son and all my crazy cousins from NYC will be in attendance.
   Due to this special occasion I have been honored to cater her graduation. I loved the idea! Matthew hated it. He thinks I am going to be too stressed out. I refuse to let it get to me. Plus, I have my sister, mother, Matthew, and my amazing cousins Gabby and Beth to help me.  But I have to admit, as the guest lists grows from 30 people to 50+ the idea of this huge task makes my confidence shrink like … well I can’t think of any metaphor that isn’t dirty but you get it.
    
     Anyway, I am hoping you all will stay tuned in and see my little treats for this large large party.


1 comment: